Shrewsbury is one of South East Asia’s outstanding international schools, with enrolment of 1700 students from Early Years to Sixth Form, exceptional examination results and particular strengths in the creative arts, design and sport. The school itself enjoys a delightful and spectacular setting, right on the banks of the Chao Phraya River in the heart of Bangkok. The school is readily accessed by road and boats, which provide an easy and quick link to Bangkok’s Skytrain and the city centre. The link with Shrewsbury School UK (www.shrewsbury.org.uk) is taken very seriously and, year-on-year, develops into a world-class educational partnership.
The ICT Support Technician should have the following qualities
• To provide comprehensive technical support service to apple devices such as iPads, iMacs, Macbooks and Apple TV’s including administration, installation and updating of all apple software and Apps to all staff and students.
• Administrative duties relating to the schools’ IT systems including Google Apps for education, Firefly, Destiny and Overdrive.
• Basic Programming knowledge in: Microsoft Access, MySQL, SQL server.
• Basic Web Programming knowledge in: ASP, PHP, CMS such as Wordpress.
• Set up equipment such as desktop PC’s, laptops, data projectors, printers, interactive whiteboards and other ICT equipment, ensuring that systems are ready for use.
• General technician duties as and when required to help maintain the school network and support the smooth operation of the schools’ IT infrastructure.
• Good English language skills in speaking and reading.
• New graduates are encouraged to apply.
Shrewsbury International School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to
• attend in-house Child Safeguarding programmes
• promote and safeguard the welfare of all students in the school
• report to the Child Protection Officer any concerns they have for the welfare of a student. This may include unsafe practices witnessed within the school as outlined in the school’s Speak Out (Whistleblowing) Policy.
• keep professional relationships with students where personal boundaries are respected and maintained
• seek advice from a Line Manager or Child Protection Officer with issues or concerns related to Child Safeguarding
Applications will only be accepted on the official Shrewsbury International School Application Form, which is available on the school website “Job Vacancies” page.
The application is preferably in English.
Full details of the school are available on our website at www.shrewsbury.ac.th.
Any queries should be forwarded to email@example.com